Re: [Duplicity-talk] No secret key required on differential backups

From: Georg Lutz
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] No secret key required on differential backups
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 10:58:13 +0100

Lluís Batlle schrieb:

Hello Georg,

I've never used a gpg-agent in that computer. I simply had a
passphrase in the gpg secret key, and the backup command has been run
every day since some weeks without problems from the cron. I have
checked the cron letters so all the backups look fine (incremental and
full).

Hi Lluis,

I finally found the reason. I bet you have an pure ASCII or english setting for LANG.

My LANG is "de_DE.UTF-8". The problem wents away partially if I set LANG to "". When using "--use-agent" the passphrase window still pops up, but I can cancel it. Without "--use-agent" duplicity runs successfully.

A bug report was already written:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/510625

BTW: Its the first hit if you google for "duplicity bug". :-) Hopefully this becomes fixed soon...

Regards
  Georg