Re: [Duplicity-talk] No secret key required on differential backups

From: Lluís Batlle
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] No secret key required on differential backups
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 17:15:25 +0100

Hello Georg,

between lines.
2010/2/26 Georg Lutz <address@hidden>:
> Lluís Batlle schrieb:
>

> Hi Lluis,
>
> this is strange since I still experience excatly the opposite, see the
> attached email. Unfourtunately I didn't received an answer from the mailing
> list. What command line options are you using?
For example, I backup with this:
duplicity --full-if-older-than 7D --encrypt-key (mykeyid) /mysourcedir
file:///mybackupdir
And I verify with this:
duplicity verify --full-if-older-than 7D --encrypt-key (mykeyid)
file:///mybackupdir /mysourcedir

> Concerning your question: Duplicity stores its metadata unencrypted in the
> local "archive-dir" (see man page) folder so it must not necessarily decrypt
> the files. However in my setup it is asking for the passphrase.
Ah, in the cache? If I wiped the cache, then the metadata would have
to be decrypted?

In my case, I'm using duplicity 0.6.06 i686-linux, in any case.

Regards,
Lluís.