[Duplicity-talk] Archive directory not being created...

From: Scott Schappell
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Archive directory not being created...
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 09:05:48 -0700

AH, now this list gets to be subjected to my idiotic questions :).

I am not specifying an --archive-dir option and running duplicity as root with this command:

duplicity --exclude-filelist /etc/exclude_rdiff --no-encryption -- tempdir /var/tmp -v5 / rsync://nas.wlan.silvertree.org::/backup/ duplicity

In reading the man page I expect to find ~root/.cache/duplicity but no such directory is created. What, exactly, is archive-dir for?

Thanks :)

Scott