Re: [Duplicity-talk] Need help in merging tardiffs

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Need help in merging tardiffs
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 19:43:16 -0600

Antono wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Trying to restore my backup. But something worng goes with duplicity.
> I've unencrypted all the tarrdiffs and now i would like to merge them
> together.
> Is there an easy way to do it?

Need a little more info.  What goes wrong?  What are you running on?
What version of duplicity?  A log, starting with the command line and
going to the end would help, especially if you turn on -v9 (verbose).

No, there is no easy way to do this.  Incremental backups do not copy
the entire changed file, only the changed portion, and you need the
duplicity package to put these back together.

...Thanks,
...Ken