Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: gpg "no public key", but only when run from cro

From: Damon Timm
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: gpg "no public key", but only when run from cron
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 11:47:47 -0500

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Steve Madsen
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Do most people generate their keys as root or as a regular user?  I
> generated mine as a regular user, then imported both the public and private
> keys into root's keychain.  Another problem, since resolved, was making the
> key trusted so GPG would use it.

I generated mine as a user and then copied the *entire* directory over
to the /root/.gpg/ folder ... I did this because, honestly, I couldn't
figure out how to import it correctly so that it would use it and lost
patience ... copying the folder worked for me.

The script I use exports the passphrase variable, as well.

http://blog.damontimm.com/bash-script-incremental-encrypted-backups-duplicity-amazon-s3/

Damon