[Duplicity-talk] gpg "no public key", but only when run from cron

From: Steve Madsen
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] gpg "no public key", but only when run from cron
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 11:23:17 -0500

I'm having a bear of a time getting my automated backups to work properly from the cron environment. I am using the scp transport. When run interactively, it works fine. When run from cron, I get this error:

gpg: 2D2CF1CB: skipped: No public key
gpg: [stdin]: encryption failed: No public key

I think my keys are set up OK in GPG:

cheechoo# gpg -k
/root/.gnupg/pubring.gpg
pub   1024D/B2DF0ACA 2007-08-22
uid Steve Madsen (root) <address@hidden > uid Light Year Software, LLC (rsync.net backups) <address@hidden >
sub   2048g/2D2CF1CB 2007-08-22

I had previous problems with "Fatal Error: Neither remote nor local manifest is readable" (fixed by adding --archive-dir) and PATH differences in the cron environment, but those are all resolved and I'm down to this GPG issue.

Anyone have any ideas?

--
Steve Madsen <address@hidden>
Light Year Software, LLC  http://lightyearsoftware.com