[Duplicity-talk] Translations

From: Michael Terry
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] Translations
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 17:15:26 -0500

Is there a plan for enabling translations of duplicity?  I'd like to
submit a patch for gettextizing it, but I'm curious what the
maintainers have thought about this in the past.

Plus, where would we get the translations?

I've used the Translation Project (http://translationproject.org/)
before.  They're good and have a good workflow, but they are a bit
overbearing (they require that you not accept user translations, even
of languages for which the TP has not given you a translation yet,
upon pain of being thrown out).

Launchpad (https://launchpad.net/) has a nice interface to accept
translations from users/groups.  But it's not terribly convenient if
you're just a third-party maintainer (it's geared more for Ubuntu
package work flow).

'Course you could just accept the odd user translation that comes your
way, but that's also not terribly convenient or likely to generate
many translations.

Has anyone used good open source translation services?

-mt