Re: [Duplicity-talk] A question on the duplicity remove-older-than opti

From: Richard Scott
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] A question on the duplicity remove-older-than option
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 10:58:08 -0000 (UTC)

Hiya,

>From what I understand this will only delete "full" backup sets i.e. the
>original full backup and
all the required incramentals if the date you select doesn't fall in this time
window

For example:

1st: Full Backup
2nd: Incramental
3rd: Incramental
4th: Incramental
5th: Incramental
6th: Full Backup
7th: Incramental
8th: Incramental
9th: Incramental
10th: Incramental

If on the 11th tou decide to delete all backups available before the 4th you
would still have the
files from the 1st -> 5th as they are still required by the full backup on the
1st.

I tend to use the remove-all-but-n-full option as it seems to work better for
me.

Heop this helps,

Rich.