[Duplicity-talk] wrong passphrase with archive-dir?

From: Dylan Alex Simon
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] wrong passphrase with archive-dir?
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 23:53:24 -0500

I might be missing something here, but this seems to have happened to me:
When doing an incremental backup using an existing local --archive-dir,
duplicity will prompt you for the passphrase once.  It will then use it to
encrypt the updates, but never to decrypt anything.  Therefore, if you specify
the wrong passphase, it won't be caught and the resulting backup will be
corrupted ("GnuPG exited non-zero, with code 131072" (also, shouldn't that be
e >> 8)).  Could duplicity perhaps prompt twice in this situation or somehow
verify one file (currently if I delete one manifest from the local archive-dir
it forces it to download and check it, but this is not ideal)?

:-Dylan