Re: [Duplicity-talk] Dry Run?

From: Jacob
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Dry Run?
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 10:41:25 -0400

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 09:01:53 -0700
Scott Baker <address@hidden> wrote:

> Kenneth Loafman wrote:
> > Scott Baker wrote:
> >> Is there a "dry run" option with Duplicity? I've got a pretty complex
> >> setup of includes and excludes and I have no way to test what it's going
> >> to transfer unless I actually run the transfer. When you're talking
> >> about 60 gigs of data that's not ideal.
> >>
> >> Rsync has a -n option which JUST lists all the files it would
> >> transfer/delete without actually doing the transfer. That would be
> >> helpful with duplicity too. Is there a way to do this? Or a way to test
> >> my includes/excludes?
> >
> > This sounds like a good idea.  Let me think about it a bit.
>
> I'm just curious if this feature has made any progress? Is it even feasible
> to add to the project?

I'm bringing up this very old thread because I think the idea was a very very
good one, and would benefit me greatly.

Since it would be a big improvement to my backup procedures, I'll take a look
at the v0.5 code and see if I can't come up with a patch of some kind. (We'll
see how far I get, though - I've never had to seriously program in Python
before...)