Re: [Duplicity-talk] command for default behavior?

From: Dan Gomet
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] command for default behavior?
Date: 9 Jun 2008 05:00:56 -0000

OK, I'm going by the manual installed in Ubuntu here; perhaps that's not fully
up to date, but

* no restore command is documented (just like --time-separator, vital for USB
stick backups, is available but not documented)

* for incr, the manual says "If this is requested an incremental backup  will
be  performed. Duplicity will  abort  if  old signatures cannot be found. The
default is to switch to full backup under these conditions." So, "the default"
and incr are *not* the same thing. Even if they were the same thing, it'd be
nice (for symmetry reasons, for safety, as well as scripting purposes) to
provide an actual command.

I actually like duplicity a lot -- that's why I'm making these usability
suggestions.