Re: [Duplicity-talk] Undocumented --tempdir option, how does it really b

From: Darik Horn
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Undocumented --tempdir option, how does it really behave ?
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:02:27 -0600

> Thanks for reminding me about the missing man page entry.

Patch #6374 contains a --tempdir blurb for the man page:

  https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/index.php?6374

> When --tempdir is not specified the normal TMPDIR and
> other environment variables are used

While double-checking the precedence of the switch and the variable, I noticed that environment variables are not being handled properly on my development workstation. I reported this as Bug #22021:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?22021

The duplicity-0.4.6 release is the last that honors the TMPDIR, TEMP, and TMP environment variables on my Ubuntu Gutsy sandbox.