Re: [Duplicity-talk] Non-integer mtime

From: Peter Schuller
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Non-integer mtime
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 17:11:17 +0200

> > Difference found: File foo has mtime 1190815776.56, expected 1190815776
> >
> > And clearly 1190815776.56 > 1190815776, so duplicity wants to back this
> > file up.
> >
> > Or am I missing something?
>
> No, you are not.  It is indeed broken.  tarfile.py stores it as a long,
> os.stat() as a float, so no sub-second comparisons are possible.  I
> thought I had fixed the comparison to force int, but obviously I had
> not.  I'll get it out in the next RC.

But note that this only applies to the verification process, not to
backups. Or at least that was the case when I had the same problem on
ZFS. So it would NOT re-backup everything, but --verify would claim
that everything mismatched.

--
/ Peter Schuller

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <address@hidden>'