Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: bug or not: --archive-dir and full backup

From: Thomas Seliger
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] Re: bug or not: --archive-dir and full backup
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:02:01 +0200

Interesting what different people want from the --archive-dir option ;). So how
is --archive-dir supposed to work?

So maybe this goes also into a feature request direction. I like local AND
remote signatures. Duplicity uses the local sigs for faster operation, but also
stores encrypted signatures on the remote end (and tries to use remote sigs
automagically when it does not find local sigs). So in case of a disaster (lost
local signatures), I can use the remote signatures.

Although I understand that keeping local AND remote signatures creates
transportation overhead, which you might want to avoid. Of course there is
always the option to add another switch like --local-sigs-only ;).

Best regards,
Tom

Kenneth Loafman wrote:
I'll look into it this weekend.
In other words, I wanted to ask if this was indeed the intention of
--archive-dir (not to write signature files) and this if the fact
duplicity-new-signatures.* file show up on the remote side is a bug.

Or maybe both Thomas and I do not really understand the --archive-dir option?

kind regards,
jw