Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.4.3.RC6 Ready for Test

From: Nicolas Aspert
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.4.3.RC6 Ready for Test
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:20:00 +0200

Hello

Dennis Schulz wrote:
> Hmm But its not the right way to login for every file.
> IMHO handling those timeouts is a way to solve this problem.
> Is duplicity sending NOOP ? I've read this on the list.

Nope, duplicity is reconnecting (gracefully I have to say) when the
connection timeouts.

> Kenneth Loafman schrieb:
>> The logging level on the retries could be turned up higher.  That
>> would let people that wanted to see the retries see them.

As the consequences of a simple timeout/reconnection are quite harmless,
I'd sur like to see them only in the statistics. As write the error
message on stderr only if the connection cannot be re-established.

a+
Nicolas