Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.4.3.RC5 Ready for Test

From: Gabriel Ambuehl
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.4.3.RC5 Ready for Test
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 19:48:55 +0200

On Monday 04 June 2007 13:57:35 Kenneth Loafman wrote:

> You can download the packages here:
> http://duplicity.nongnu.org/
>
> Please give this one a good exercise.

I guess my home gave it too good of an exercise, uncovering a rather
interesting issue:

Verification of my backup fails because for some reason, one of my files has a
CRLF (I think so anyway, as the filename is printed on two lines without
necessity and trying a filename with newlines didnt have duplicity choke) in
its filename which probably is  a result of a copy paste action
when setting the filename after a download in Konqueror. Unfortunately, I
haven't yet figured out how to get the shell to print the actual chars in the
filename?

I might be able to make a tar of the tree, but the file is comparatively large
(~5MB so I dont want to post it here).

Result of my verify
Selecting /home/testtree
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 378, in <module>
    if __name__ == "__main__": main()
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 360, in main
    elif action == "verify": verify(col_stats)
  File "/usr/bin/duplicity", line 270, in verify
    for backup_ropath, current_path in collated:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/duplicity/diffdir.py", line 170, in
collate2iters
    try: relem1 = riter1.next()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/duplicity/patchdir.py", line 431, in
integrate_patch_iters
    for patch_seq in collated:
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/duplicity/patchdir.py", line 332, in
yield_tuples
    setrorps(overflow, elems)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/duplicity/patchdir.py", line 321, in
setrorps
    try: elems[i] = iter_list[i].next()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/duplicity/patchdir.py", line 101, in
difftar2path_iter
    index, difftype, multivol = get_index_from_tarinfo(tarinfo_list[0])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/duplicity/patchdir.py", line 132, in
get_index_from_tarinfo
    (tarinfo.name,))
duplicity.patchdir.PatchDirException: Unrecognized diff entry
multivol_snapshot/MY WEIRD
FILE. HAS ALSO SOME Ümlauts.pdf/1

This seems to be a rather rare case indeed, but I think something should be
done with files like that? Maybe replace control chars with their C like
escaping (think \n or \t etc)?

Note that it does not generate any issue during full or incremental backup.