Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.4.3.RC5 Ready for Test

From: Kenneth Loafman
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] 0.4.3.RC5 Ready for Test
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 18:16:53 -0500

Thanks for the welcome!

I'll put the patch in the next release, probably a couple of days.

...Ken

address@hidden wrote:
What a difference a maintainer makes!  Ken, I'm so glad you're here.

I just submitted a new patch, #5993, that makes the S3 back-end more robust for recovery. This really should have been in my earlier patch, #5682, but I was more focused on the backup process back then. Now that I've been using duplicity to recover my data, I found I was unable to do it without this new patch.

Cheers,
Bob

Kenneth Loafman kenneth-at-loafman.com |Duplicity| wrote:
New in v0.4.3.RC5 (2007/06/04)
------------------------------
GnuPG fails when trying to access stdin on an empty passphrase.
Changes allow empty passphrase on public-key encryption and now
respond gracefully on empty passphrase for symmetric encryption.

dAniel hAhler submitted a patch to change "Error initializing file
foo" (log level 2), where foo was a socket, to "Skipping socket foo"
(log level 7).  https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?5985

Change logging to flush after every write, unbuffering stdout and
stderr, thus producing logs that are coherent.

You can download the packages here:
http://duplicity.nongnu.org/

Please give this one a good exercise.

...Thanks,