[Duplicity-talk] @ symbol in username on ftp connection url

From: Adam Houston
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] @ symbol in username on ftp connection url
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 08:51:41 -0700

Ok, so have been using Duplicity with the ftp backend.  Now I have to switch to a different ftp server.  The username on the new server has an ‘@’ symbol in it and I have no control over this.  This makes the connection url something like ftp://address@hidden@ftp.company.com --  I think this is breaking duplicity.   I took a look at the backend.py file and it would appear that it won’t parse correctly for this kind of string.  I am really not a python programmer but am familiar with a number of other languages.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to handle this situation?  I am not familiar with the ftplib so I wanted to check to see if someone was familiar with how the Duplicity code interacted with it before I started trying to change anything.

Thank you!

Adam Houston