dtas-all

Re: Line wrapping in YAML output

From: Eric Wong
Subject: Re: Line wrapping in YAML output
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 23:39:39 +0000

James Rowe <jnrowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> * Eric Wong (e@80x24.org) wrote:
> > AFAIK, you're maybe the 3rd user of this? :)
>
>   In the Old World before The Collapse, I’d pushed dtas at $WORK.  There
> were quite a few people happily using it, albeit mostly just to enqueue
> a track or toggle their personal sinks on and off.  Perhaps, in time, we
> will bring the count back up!

Cool, good to know.  Btw, would you have any thoughts on whether
the current implementation language being Ruby has a positive or
negative effect on adoption?  Or if Perl might be more appealing
as it's already on more systems and has faster startup.

I've been considering migrating this to Perl, but the Perl 7
announcement has me worried it'll follow in making the same
mistakes as Ruby and Python w.r.t. breaking existing code.

That said, I've been thinking about a RCU-aware scripting
language with a stability promise similar to the Linux kernel
for a while, now (not that RCU is particular appropriate for
dtas, but who knows? :>).