dtas-all

Line wrapping in YAML output

From: James Rowe
Subject: Line wrapping in YAML output
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 16:25:43 +0100

Hi,

  I routinely find myself needing to use a “real language” when I want
to perform a quick hack with dtas purely to workaround the default line
wrapping in YAML output.  With unwrapped output sed/awk would often be
a viable solution from the shell prompt.

  Given that psych supports an options mapping where setting
``line_width: -1`` disables wrapping entirely, I’m wondering if there
would be support for disabling the line wrapping.  I’m also wondering if
I’m missing some drawbacks to doing so.

  Thoughts?

Thanks,

James