dtas-all

Re: Adding fade effect

From: Rene Maurer
Subject: Re: Adding fade effect
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 05:56:54 +0100

Eric Wong <address@hidden> wrote:

> command: exec sox "$INFILE" $SOXFMT - $TRIMFX fade 0 =0 5
>
> I think the above fade example requires sox 14.4.x and later,

I have SoX v14.4.1 but the "=0 syntax" isn't supported.

Surprisingly doing just

command: exec sox "$INFILE" $SOXFMT - $TRIMFX fade 0 5 5

on a playing song starts fade out immediate and does the job (fade out
current song) as desired!

> if you're using an older version you'll probably need to calculate
> the "=0" offset based on the length of the track itself, but
> also need to take into account the offset set by the $TRIMFX
> variable (if you're seeking)

This was my first idea but as already said, this seams not to be
necessary...

> Again, I recommend editing the source instead of the sink as it won't
> restart the device and for most effects, there won't be an audible
> gap.

Done. It works well!

The documentation http://dtas.80x24.org/dtas-player_effects.txt brought
me on the wrong way:

,----
| 1. source effects
|
|  - anything which does not change the length of the audio
`----

René