Re: [DotGNU]Portable.NET Snapshots Available

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Portable.NET Snapshots Available
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 21:16:02 +1000

On Monday 15 December 2003 08:22 pm, Gopal V wrote:

> Youre not taking the MDI caption off IThemePainter. I
> want to have some kind of way where we pick that
> pixmap off the default theme ?. (DrawCaptionButton ?)

IThemePainter is in Winforms, whereas the MDI drawing code is in Xsharp, two
levels below Winforms.  It isn't practical, or wise, to have Xsharp calling
up to Winforms.  This behaviour will be consistent with MS, which provides no
way to modify the appearance of window borders, be they top-level or MDI.  I
realise that you'd like to theme everything, but we have to draw the line
somewhere.

Anyway, the MDI border drawing code will be ripped out, thrown away, and
re-written in the next few months as I gradually make Xsharp capable of doing
real window management at the top level.  What I've done so far is OK as a
quick hack, but it won't stand up to the rigours of a full desktop.  So I
wouldn't get too attached to how it currently looks or works. :-)