[DotGNU]System/IO/Path.cs implementing

From: Gopal V
Subject: [DotGNU]System/IO/Path.cs implementing
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 15:14:31 +0530

Hi Charlie,
        I was going through Path.cs, when I noticed your comments on
extension and found a bug ... ("divined with a forked stick")

Path.HasExtension("/tmp/dotgnu.xml/README") == true

So have fixed that up all dandy , but the question is what is the

Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension("pnet-0.4.4.tar.gz"); ?

is it 'pnet-0.4.4.tar' or 'pnet-0' ? (I know which makes sense, but !!)

Also some questions about

                public static String GetTempFilename()

Shouldn't this call tempname("/tmp","pnet"); rather than use the hack you have
in there ?

So my sunday's work is Path.cs ... I'll be commiting unit tests as well ...
Please make sure you find bugs in my code (revenge !!)...

Will commit my patches tonight .. hopefully they should work on Cygwin
as well ...

Gopal