[DotGNU]A funny bug/feature of pnetlib (and .NET)

From: Gopal V
Subject: [DotGNU]A funny bug/feature of pnetlib (and .NET)
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 19:45:34 +0530

Hi All,
        When I had sent along the type masking bug reports I never
even thought that such an obscure thing could be part of a standard
API ... (says a lot about the designers)...

[-SNIP-]
public Calendar Calendar
{
        get
        {
                ......blah...blah...
        }
};

This requires the compiler to recognize between the type 'Calendar' and
the variable 'Calendar' in the code ..

So cscc barfs on

public virtual Calendar[] OptionalCalendars
{
}

Later on...

Similar situation on System/Type.cs:955

public static Binder DefaultBinder
{
        defaultBinder = new DefaultBinder();

Gopal

PS: shall we fix the compiler or the library ... ?