[DotGNU]MSTV Basic to use .NET Compact Framework

From: James Mc Parlane
Subject: [DotGNU]MSTV Basic to use .NET Compact Framework
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:10:39 +1000

http://www.fuckedcompany.com/extras/microsoft3_email.cfm

"MSTV Basic - Richard Craddock:  This group is tasked with
delivering a kick-ass product for the video-centric experience.
The product,  which will be based on the .Net Compact Framework
runtime,  will be packaged in a number of profiles. These profiles
will enable it to run on legacy STBs as well as the new DVR
offerings due end of this year. Given its importance, a separate
team is being formed in Dick's group to focus on the European
market. The objective of this team is to deliver Euro Basic as
closely as possible to the N.A. version. Dick's group will also
include the MSTV Server effort. We have combined the Server and
the Client efforts so we can deliver the cohesive and integrated
solution our customers expect. Moving forward I expect significant
value (and incremental revenues) to be delivered by our server
team. This is particularly critical given the low prices of the
thin client! "