Re: [DotGNU]Portable.NET roadmap idea & next meet.

From: S11001001
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Portable.NET roadmap idea & next meet.
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 15:18:45 -0500

Gopal . V wrote:
Hi everyone,
        This message as usual announces the portable.net meet for the
weekend on IRC at irc.openprojects.net #dotgnu at 1000 UTC (UTC is GMT most of the time , but not in winter due to DST)

Sorry, can't be here for either (work) :(

Also I have been mulling around with an idea to speed up Pnetlib
developement. The "pick a class & work" is a great idea when you
know what you're doing , but when it comes to learning C# writing pnetlib it sucks !

Hey, it worked for me ;), except for the speed up thing

So the idea of the week is something called a weekly roadmap. This
is a priority TODO for the week. This is some motivation to people
like me who are practically aimless in development. Also this will
help people to pick a class for which purpose /pnetlib/HACKING is totally useless.

This is a good idea, as long as it doesn't impose too much structure on pnetlib. Just a reminder of the virtues of informality. i.e. we _could_ have separate lists for cscc, ilrun, and pnetlib, but that would be no fun ;)

Also we'll be featuring a contributor of the week for the person who patches the maximum bugs/classes in that week. Also the "Bugmeister" award goes to the guy who finds bugs in the pnetlib/
pnet codes (fixing it will score you two points). Only patches & bugs
reported in Savannah are considered , so don't mail it here !.

Sounds cool

So if someone likes this idea (which I gathered from the last meeting),
please do comment on it. I'll write a web-application to feature these
stuff and do a lot of work to help the newbies (even write docs)......

Docs! Docs! BTW, I want to remind everyone that because Free Software needs Free manuals, DotGNU will need stuff like its own FDL'd C# reference, focusing on pnet features rather than MS features....this is in reference to the live C# tutorial supposedly going on today.

--
Stephen Compall
DotGNU `Contributor' -- http://www.dotgnu.org/

I see you chose the password "starfish." I suggest that you switch to
the password "carriage return." It's much easier to type, and also it
stands up to the principle that there should be no passwords.
        -- Output to a user trying to change his password on the MIT
        LCS system, part of RMS's 0-length password crusade