Re: [DotGNU]Status of Jabber?

From: Barry Fitzgerald
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Status of Jabber?
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 19:21:24 -0400

Adam Theo wrote:

> Hi, was just wanting to check the final decision on what would become of
> Jabber in DotGNU, and to what degree? The Jabber Members meeting is
> coming up in 2 days, so it would be great for me to announce the
> decision there.
>
> Thanks  :)

Hello Adam,

        The decision seems to have gone as follows:  Yes, the DotGNU project
endorses the use of the Jabber transport protocol for use in DotGNU
webservices.  It will be utilized along with other transports (such as
http).  To what extent is unknown at this time.  That requires more
research and time for our solutions to develop.  Of course, any of your
input on this (regarding what the jabber transport standard would be
useful for) will be highly valued, along with the input of anybody
associated with the Jabber project.  It will not be used exclusively,
however, because that would ultimately limit developers.

        -Barry