[DotGNU]How to get docs &stuff (was: [DotGNU]hello)

From: Gopal . V
Subject: [DotGNU]How to get docs &stuff (was: [DotGNU]hello)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 17:51:47 +0530

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 05:54:48AM -0000, Asif Ali wrote:
> Well introducing myself, i carry along with the 1.5 years
> of research experience on MS.NET including internals like CLR,
> CLI, IL, platform architecture, etc..

Wow , an expert !

> we've have developed several applications on MS.NET..although i am
> not really a developer now..i work as an architect designing and
> developing technology architectures..

This list has been devoted to the "design" aspects of DotGNU rather
than implementation stuff.... eventhough that is supposed to happen
on "arch" (IIRC).

> Well for now..i would like to know if there is a repository which
> stores the docs related to development on DotGNU and if any help i
> can do immediately.

The docs are hidden deep in the CVS repository in the various HACKING
& doc files...... (and I'm not good at docs).

> I hope the existing members can help get me started of.

Due to the indifferent attitudes of the HACKING files , we have decided
to replace them with real people . Seriously , we know that the
HACKING files are dreadfully incomplete as a doc for a new developer.
They assume that you know C# and that you're a small expert in lots of
stuff.........

In short , if there's anything you want to know about contribing to
pnet (ie which I assume is the part of DotGNU that interests you),
please do mail me with a small "[pnet]" on the subject . You're also
welcome to pick a class of the status page (which should be up2date
by tonight).

waiting for your reply.....

Gopal.V