Re: [DotGNU]hello

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]hello
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 16:49:32 +1000

Asif Ali wrote:

> That is why i have
> joined. Well introducing myself, i carry along with the 1.5 years
> of research experience on MS.NET including internals like CLR,
> CLI, IL, platform architecture, etc..

If you don't mind my asking, on what project were
you working that you got this experience, and what
kinds of things did you build?

> Well for now..i would like to know if there is a repository which
> stores the docs related to development on DotGNU and if any help i
> can do immediately.

Most of the development documentation for Portable.NET
is in the source trees for pnet and pnetlib, in the form of
"HACKING" files, "doc" directories, etc.  That's the best
place to start for the techie stuff, together with the FAQ.
If something isn't entirely clear, then e-mail the list and
we'll help you out.

The biggest areas that need help are the C# base class
library (pnetlib), and the C# compiler (pnet/cscc).

http://www.southern-storm.com.au/portable_net.html