Re: [DotGNU]System.Forms: shall we?

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]System.Forms: shall we?
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 12:35:25 +0530

If memory serves me right, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Mono is trying to keep the Gnome part to a bare minimum.

I had a comment to put in here -- but I don't fancy a "flame war"
here.

> However, it won't be possible to "snip off" the Gtk part.
> Windows.Forms will be based around Gtk# which, clearly, is 100% Gtk.

IMHO Windows.Forms should be like AWT (I call it the "Available Windowing
Toolkit") , using the available toolkit. ie use GTK/QT/TK.... (TK ugh!).
This plugin model ensures that Pnet can be run wherever you want with
whatever UI. But I also think that monomaniacaly following GTK has its
advantages.... But first we need to finish off ECMA !.

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success