[DotGNU]Re: "Open source" is not what we do here

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [DotGNU]Re: "Open source" is not what we do here
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 23:03:56 -0700 (MST)

    When I use the term Open Source, I use it in the way it was
    originally intended, as a marketing vehicle to get people who are
    not familiar with Free Software to Free Software.

If you want to do that, we can't stop you, but don't expect the Free
Software Movement to be appreciative.  If you use the term "open
source" you will direct everyone's attention towards the Open Source
Movement and away from us.  This happens to us constantly and we
struggle against it steadfastly.  The danger of being co-opted and
forgotten is great.  Please do not contribute to what we have to
struggle against.