[DotGNU]Mail API

From: Gaurav Vaish
Subject: [DotGNU]Mail API
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 20:54:39 +0530

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gaurav Vaish" <address@hidden>
Subject: Mail API

: Hello,
:     Recently, I'd been busy making an API for Mail services / providers for
: dotNet platform, similar to what JavaMail is for.
:
:     Till now, I've done some work for the API related to Headers, Part, Body,
: Message, EMailAdress(List) and InternetAddress(List). I'd appreciate critical
: comments on the API, for the so far implemented as well as the architecture
and
: to be designed part.
:     I've put up a small discussion at:
:         http://www.geocrawler.com/lists/3/SourceForge/17612/0/7570314/
:
:     I'd soon be coming up for the Transfer and Store part which will leave me
: do with classes like / concerning:
:     * Date (esp to deal with various date formats)
:     * MailingList (to deal with Mailing-List, List-Subscribe,
List-Unsubscribe,
: Delivered-To etc)
:     * Received (to deal with Received headers, I am not sure whether to
separate
: it or not)
:
:     * TextPlainEncoding
:     * QuotedPrintableEncoding
:     * MimeEncoding
:
:     * Events and Delegates (specific to folders, transfer and message)
:     * Utils (separate namespace, comprising of mainly searching from various
: parts, special headers [date, received, address etc] of a message)
:     * Exceptions (list of exceptions)
:
:
: