Re: [DotGNU]A rather dumb question: How do I start contributing to the p

From: Gopal.V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]A rather dumb question: How do I start contributing to the pnetlib?
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 14:34:01 +0530

If memory serves me right, Vadim Tarasov wrote:
> Hi, I am new to this.
> Have found out what actually is .NET of microsoft about 2 months ago and about
>  the same time got to see there is a portable .NET project...
> So I'd like to help with the development of the project, but am in doubts.
> How do I start?

    Since it has been 4 days since your post, I guess this is a bit late.
But as everyone knows sunday is *the* day for catching up on emails. And
since nobody has replied to your post, let me try to get a word edgewise.

    I guess you know what Pnet is all about ?. A CLR as per ECMA spec....
blah,blah,...... Also I would like to know how you wish to contribute,
and to which part. Ok, Pnetlib has got quite some bits of work which really
need an extra developer. If you are a Java guy and don't mind working
on a M$ box with cygwin on it, pnetlib's work is cut out for you. But
if you believe Windows is a strict no-no (just like I do), and you are
a hardcore c programmer, you could start helping to patch up the Pnet's
engine/compiler (but you first gotta read up on it). If you don't fit
the bill here, try reading down.

    Or if you are a good programmer in GNU (whatever language), we at
DotGNU can certainly use your help. What you gotta do is dream up a
good project that will help DotGNU ,like ummm....<fill the blank>.....
And get on with it.

    Or if you have that talent to make anything crash ( M$ products excluded)
we want you to bang on the code and make it dump a core more than once.......
and compete with programmers by finding bugs.

    Or if your talent lies in writing manuals, you are the rarest
contributor we get to see . You will be more than welcome to any of
the projects. Creative writers are also welcome to spread *the* message.

    And in the end, even if you lack the time to work on this, please
do keep a close watch on this and contribute when you get a bit of time
of your own. Oppurtunity never knocks (even once).

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success