[DotGNU]<PNET> Another Bug ?. this. pointer

From: Gopal.V
Subject: [DotGNU]<PNET> Another Bug ?. this. pointer
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 18:59:36 +0530

Hi Rhys,
        I haven't stopped banging on the C# compiler. Have come up with a
new problem. The "this" pointer seems to misbehaving now.

<problem>
        In my code, I have a class WebRequest which is supposed to
carry all the info about the HTTP request. The class is supposed
to store it in its fields (obviously). So the "QUERY_STRING" env
variable is supposed to go into the "this.QueryString" variable.
But this is inaccesible outside the WebRequest class.

Code attached

</problem>

        I'm only learning C# and find that to use Pnet for the purpose
is *very* difficult. But since I do not want to accept the M$ EULA
of .NET, this is my only choice. So I don't think the FI I'm writing
will be over too soon. Also my code-compile-debug style of hacking
prevents me from writing the code and hoping that works. So I'm
continuing work on that with "testing" Pnet as my aim.

        That was fast work on the interface bug Rhys. Also will post on
savannah's "tech-support".

Gopal.V
--
 The difference between insanity and genius is only measured by success