Re: [DotGNU]Sun readies Solaris counterpunch to .Net

From: Norbert Bollow
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Sun readies Solaris counterpunch to .Net
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 23:47:31 +0100

Bill Lance <address@hidden> wrote:

> It seems others are looking beyond webservices to grid
> computing as well.
>
> http://www.infoworld.com/articles/hn/xml/02/01/14/020114hnichange.xml

I also agree that it is necessary to have "technology to control
and manage distributed computing environments to deliver Web
services" (as this article puts it very well)... if you think
about it, without such a "Web Operating System (WOS)" as I call
it, webservices are sure to become a total mightmare for system
operators.

There are multiple ways in which such a WOS can be designed.
What I'm proposing is to build a "Distributed Execution
Environment" (DEE) which to the outside world looks like a
DotGNU SEE (Secure Execution Environment) with the only
difference that the SEE runs on a single machine while the DEE
consists of multiple SEE's on multiple machines.

Greetings, Norbert.

--
A member of FreeDevelopers and the DotGNU Steering Committee: dotgnu.org
Tel +41 1 972 20 59       Fax +41 1 972 20 69      http://thinkcoach.com