Fw: [DotGNU]Fw: javaByteCode -> IL Compiler

From: Gaurav Vaish
Subject: Fw: [DotGNU]Fw: javaByteCode -> IL Compiler
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 11:10:45 +0530

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gopal V" <address@hidden>
To: "Gaurav Vaish" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2002 10:33
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Fw: javaByteCode -> IL Compiler

: Hi Gaurav,
:      I had proposed this same idea about 2 months ago,
: but due to some of IL's type specific local variable
: nature, have dropped this whole thing. A better idea
: will be to write a java compiler-plugin for CSCC and
: use the Pnet's codegen for generating IL code.

    Right now, everything's sounding totally wierd to me. As far as the problem
of local variables go, Rhys has explained me in detail. I am worried about when
you say "java compiler-plugin".

:      The O'reilly book "Java Virtual Machine" was one
: book I found very useful. It has excellen descriptions
: of all the Java's constant pool tables/method
: signatures
: etc. The ECMA spec of IL is available from (sic) MSDN
: site.

    Thanks.

:
: Ps: I have recieved a similar request from another
:     IITian. Is he in your group ?

    Don't know. Is he Abhay? He also approached me regarding the "heaviness" of
the topic if that's taken up as a part of course term-project, but then being
alone he left it. Now that I also joined the course (auditing it), along with a
third guy we are thinking of taking up this challenge.

Cheers,
Gaurav Vaish
http://mastergaurav.virtualave.net
http://calendar.yahoo.com/mastergaurav

:
: Gopal.V
: --
: how come these cybercafes don't have GNU ?