Re: [DotGNU]Fw: javaByteCode -> IL Compiler

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Fw: javaByteCode -> IL Compiler
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 21:03:52 -0800 (PST)

Hi Gaurav,
> :     I am doing a course on Compiler Design
> Techniques and would likely pursue
> : take up this topic as my term project during the
> semester. With me, I have a
> : couple of other students who make the team
> complete.
     I had proposed this same idea about 2 months ago,
but due to some of IL's type specific local variable
nature, have dropped this whole thing. A better idea
will be to write a java compiler-plugin for CSCC and
use the Pnet's codegen for generating IL code.
> :     Can anyone point me to a good reference, viz.,
> of Java Bytecode and L-Bytecode formats?
     The O'reilly book "Java Virtual Machine" was one
book I found very useful. It has excellen descriptions
of all the Java's constant pool tables/method
signatures
etc. The ECMA spec of IL is available from (sic) MSDN
site.

Ps: I have recieved a similar request from another
    IITian. Is he in your group ?

Gopal.V
--
how come these cybercafes don't have GNU ?