Re: [DotGNU]What .NET is this?

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]What .NET is this?
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 11:30:36 +1000

Jens Müller wrote:

> And of course, it should be multi-paradigm. When language
> interoperabilty means that you have to program in every language as
> you do in C, then it is not a good thing.

The CLR already has some features that support
multi-paradigm programming.  Logic and functional
languages already run on the platform, and can
interface with the regular imperative languages.

Have a look at the University of Melbourne's
Mercury system, which I'm currently working on
getting to work with Portable.NET:

http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/research/mercury/