Fwd: Re: [DotGNU]Web transports

From: gopz
Subject: Fwd: Re: [DotGNU]Web transports
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 01:30:59 +0530

Hi,

>Why would anyone want to connect to a service through
>DotGNU/Jabber tomorrow that they can connect to on the
>web today?
>Rikard

Let me ask you a simple question ?. Why are *you* using GNU/Linux ?
Because it is better ? ,stable ? or free ?.  DOTGNU/Jabber is simply
provides the service-provider with a state-managing , secure
Webservice platform. Web  is security spelled backwards.
Patchy features like cookies and other stuff helped cool off
the security issue. But  it is till the Wild Wild Web.  We have
to seperate the web from the internet when it comes to
webservices . We use the word "webservice" it relates
 with the internet rather than the web. So the dotGNU/Jabber is
going to be used due to its basic features (from my imagination ! )

 *  Transports for cross protocol bridges
        - we are now taking a page out of M$'s successes
                   it made IE in the mould of  NS and now with IE
                   incompatible with NS , the webpages are being
                   made specifically of IE (look at M$ passpoprt)
                   It has effectively edged out NS from the brow$er market.
 *  Can change protocol specs like plugins ( eg transport plugins)
 *  Can patch our webservice program ourselves ;- tried patching Moz ?
 *  Also maintaining a distributed system is safer and load sharing is automatic

Gopal
Ps : somebody messed up my sendmail , :-(and my Linux is down )
       does the current version have any exploits ?