[DotGNU](no subject)

From: Tali Streit
Subject: [DotGNU](no subject)
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 08:59:27 +1000

an updated version is now:
http://dotgnu.org/graphics/TaliStreit2.png

this one talks about languages, and the WOS.

---

I was thinking about the DEE this morning on the train. Microsoft defines the System.Object class to have a method "ToString", and "MemberwiseClone". I was thinking we should add "ToXML" and "FromXML".

FromXML would do the opposite: it would reconstruct the object, given an XML string. By doing this it would be trivial to transport the object to another system, let alone implement local object persistence.

the above examples exclude the namespaces for clarity.