dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]Re: [CoreTeam]IDsec meeting

From: Hans Zandbelt
Subject: Re: [Auth]Re: [CoreTeam]IDsec meeting
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 12:13:28 +0100

Albert,

At 17:42 12/6/2001 -0500, Albert Scherbinsky wrote:
>From the quick look that I have taken at IDSec I would agree
>that it is broader in scope.  Specifically, it appears to me
>to include specification for a single authentication scheme
>which content providers would be required to adopt. Whereas,

Proprietary Content Provider authentication mechanisms can be
supported with IDsec, as long as the user puts the required authentication
credentials into his profile (which is ofcourse unevitable).

I apologize for the disappearance of the Flysolo
>documentation. My ISP is in the process of changing things
>around related to the address@hidden financial troubles. The
>location of my personal webspace has been affected and I
>have yet to set it up at the new location. Also, the
>documentation is a bit out of date with some of the current
>ideas that I am developing. I will let you know when I have
>updated it, and where it is.

Great, I would like to learn more about Flysolo, SIML and your
other ideas. I hope we can agree upon some common interfaces
so both systems could work together, or we could even merge the two
systems into one.

Hans.

Hans Zandbelt                         address@hidden
Telematica Instituut                     http://www.telin.nl
P.O.Box 589, 7500 AN                   Phone: +31 53 4850445
Enschede, Netherlands                    Fax: +31 53 4850400