dotgnu-auth

Re: [Auth]Request for comment

From: Adam Theo
Subject: Re: [Auth]Request for comment
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 06:08:53 -0400

Norbert Sendetzky wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I have written a proposal sheet for the simplest solution I can imagine,
> which is extendible enough for future use. It is based on the assumption that
> the user today only want a simple way to log into a website without
> remembering his 20 usernames and passwords for each web site. My proposal is
> not limited to this and we can easily add features or use it for other things
> than web sites.
>
> You can find it on
> http://www.linuxnetworks.de/security/dotgnu/index.html

very nice. yes, i like this. i do not have the time to go over it in
detail (hope to soon. way to much to do right now), but i would like to
point you to a website of my own, with a couple of ideas that are *very*
similar to yours. seems great minds think alike, eh?  :-)

but, away with joking, it is a website for a project I am running, that
aims to create the single sign-on and universal personal information
repository that so many aim for. the onlt thing is it aims to use
jabber, but if DotGNU ends up using jabber as well (fingers crossed,
weapons ready), then it could probably use this as well.

there are many plans at the website, four to be exact. with a fifth
coming soon. you may be interested in the Simple and Ticket Plans.

http://www.theoretic.com/identity