dotgnu-auth

[Auth]Request for comment

From: Norbert Sendetzky
Subject: [Auth]Request for comment
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:51:22 +0200

Hi all

I have written a proposal sheet for the simplest solution I can imagine,
which is extendible enough for future use. It is based on the assumption that
the user today only want a simple way to log into a website without
remembering his 20 usernames and passwords for each web site. My proposal is
not limited to this and we can easily add features or use it for other things
than web sites.

You can find it on
http://www.linuxnetworks.de/security/dotgnu/index.html

Please make some comments on this in the way
- Yes, but ... (this and that must be better)
- No, because ... (explanation why the concept is bad)

The description is a little bit abstract, so imagine that a user wants to see
a web page which requires Auth.GNU authentication. A resource locator is
simply a http address, a policy is something like accept, ask or reject.

I also mentioned the advantages and disadvantages and how we can fix it. If
you know more or something better, please let me know.

Norbert

PS: I think I have no access to my mail in the next two days, but I am
awaiting your opinions.