Re: using XDPS backend to display NextOpenStep apps remotely

From: Ondrej Florian
Subject: Re: using XDPS backend to display NextOpenStep apps remotely
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 23:27:17 +0200

Thanks Gregory.

Communicating between GNUstep and Next is actually not that bad.
I managed to sync pasteboard by using simple TCP client/server and transferring
strings, RTF or TIFF data as appropriate.

The Previous has NFS server built-in, so working with files is just matter of
transforming local paths to network paths and then executing appropriate app
(using the simple TCP client/server) in Next.

I mapped Previous into its own windowmaker workspace.
That works reasonably well but it is somewhat limiting for day to day usage.

I'll take a look at DSP server as you've suggested and see where it leads me
;-).