Re: Our self-presentation, not just on our website. (Was: Re: GS based a

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: Our self-presentation, not just on our website. (Was: Re: GS based app release: djay by Algoriddim in Beta)
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2023 03:04:09 -0400

Lars,

May I try to moderate here a bit.

Greg, while your screenshots and links reflect the reality, it has to be said that those aren’t obvious and somewhat hard to find.

The windows theme is in our repository.   I don’t think that one is hard to find.  The rik theme however is not so you have to do some digging.

I think we should admit that we are currently not good at communicating those achievements.

I think I made that clear in my first response.

I knew such a macOS like theme existed somewhere but wouldn’t know its name nor where to find it.

True.

I, for instance, was under the impression that the macOS like theme was something done by the etoile- (don’t ask me even about the correct spelling here, which accents to use where) project. All this information readily exists there is just no place where all this is gathered.

True.  We do need someplace that does that.  We should likely improve the website.

We once had a wiki. we could revive it and collect all this information there as a start and then start to organize it (structure in into documentation, how tos and so on. write articles, link software repos and Linux packages).

How would that be? Should we try to get the wiki back online and start collection information there?

I’ve been a little conflicted about the wiki.  I am not sure we need to resurrect it as it was but that bears further discussion.

GC

Kind regards,

Lars