Re: Our self-presentation, not just on our website. (Was: Re: GS based a

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Our self-presentation, not just on our website. (Was: Re: GS based app release: djay by Algoriddim in Beta)
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2023 15:40:13 +0100

> On 3 Sep 2023, at 10:30, Albert Palacios <optimisme@gmail.com> wrote:

> Beyond the inability to develop a modern-looking theme, other issues urgently
> need addressing:
>
>    • Having a GNUStep configuration folder in the 'home' directory is
> unacceptable to anyone mildly organized (or with obsessive-compulsive
> disorder). Can't you put a '.' before the name to make it hidden?

I can't address your other points directly/immediately, but the GNUstep folder
in the home directory is merely a default (chosen so that people can easily
find their stuff).
You can override it by setting a different value for GNUSTEP_USER_DIR in your
.GNUstep.conf file

eg.

GNUSTEP_USER_DIR=.GNUstep

if you want to use the same name with a dot before it.
In fact you can individually override the various different folders for
different kinds of personal resources, not just the main folder which
conventionally contains them.

In short, YES, you can put a '.' before the name to make it hidden.