Re: Installing libs-gdl2 on FreeBSD 12.2

From: David Wetzel
Subject: Re: Installing libs-gdl2 on FreeBSD 12.2
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 16:45:06 -0500

Hello everyone!

> Am 2021-12-21 um 16:17 schrieb Edwin Ancaer <eancaer@gmail.com>:
>
> David,
>
> I wanted to try out GSWeb, but I did not know it was independent of GDL2.

> So then gdl2 is not really an issue anymore.

Compare your config.mak to mine (I did not touch it in some time but it should
work)

cat config.mak
#
#
#
DYNAMIC_LINKER=simple
#GDL2=yes
AUX_LIBS=-lpng -lz  -lwrap -L/usr/local/lib -lxml2 -lz -llzma -L/usr/lib -lm

#Native Framework support
ifeq ($(OBJC_RUNTIME_LIB),apple)
HAVE_NATIVE_FRAMEWORK_SUPPORT=yes
else
ifeq ($(OBJC_RUNTIME_LIB),nx)
HAVE_NATIVE_FRAMEWORK_SUPPORT=yes
else
HAVE_NATIVE_FRAMEWORK_SUPPORT=no
endif
endif

#Log
GSWDEBUG=no

#Log Memory Alloc/Dealloc
GSWDEBUG_MEM=no

#Log Locks
GSWDEBUG_LOCK=no

#Deep logs
GSWDEBUG_DEEP=no

#Debug elmentIDs logs and asserts
GSWDEBUG_ELEMENTSIDS=no

gswnames=wo

# Default (generated by configure)
ifeq ($(gswnames),)
# use WO Names if none specified
gswnames=wo
endif

EOCONTROL_LIBRARY_NAME=EOControl
EOACCESS_LIBRARY_NAME=EOAccess

> Just to be sure, I upgraded to 12.3, installed the latest versions of base,
> make,gui and back and the issue is still there, in a totally unimportant way.

My guess is that nobody tried GDL2 in some time. It might need some tweaks to
run with the newer runtime.

Let me know if that helps.

Thy the Examples/hello example. You can directly hit it with a browser if you
are on the same machine.

Dave