Installing libs-gdl2 on FreeBSD 12.2

From: Edwin Ancaer
Subject: Installing libs-gdl2 on FreeBSD 12.2
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 09:45:07 +0100

Hello,

I wanted to install gdl2 on FreeBSD 12.2, doing

./configure
gmake

This resulted in an error:
Making all for subproject Inspectors...
 Linking subproject Inspectors ...
cc: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-pthread' [-Wunused-command-line-argument]
ld: error: -r and --export-dynamic may not be used together
cc: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

The statement causing the error seems to be
$ gmake -n | grep dynamic
(echo " Linking subproject Inspectors ...";cc -nostdlib -Wl,-r -rdynamic     -L/usr/local/lib -fstack-protector-strong   -pthread -fexceptions -o ./obj/subproject.o obj/Inspectors.obj/RelationshipInspector.m.o obj/Inspectors.obj/AttributeInspector.m.o obj/Inspectors.obj/AdvancedEntityInspector.m.o obj/Inspectors.obj/AdvancedRelationshipInspector.m.o obj/Inspectors.obj/EntityInspector.m.o obj/Inspectors.obj/AdvancedAttributeInspector.m.o obj/Inspectors.obj/StoredProcedureInspector.m.o obj/Inspectors.obj/ConnectionDictionaryInspector.m.o obj/Inspectors.obj/UserInfoInspector.m.o obj/Inspectors.obj/EntityStoredProcedureInspector.m.o ;)

I got the error using both GCC and CLANG.
The question is if this in some settings on my computer, or in FreeBSD, that I can update, without re-writing the makefile myself?

Kind regards,

Edwin Ancaer.