Re: libosmo-dsp build hangs (required for gr-osmosdr)

From: Johannes Demel
Subject: Re: libosmo-dsp build hangs (required for gr-osmosdr)
Date: Thu, 27 May 2021 10:17:11 +0200

Thanks Jeff!

Unfortunately, these settings are already present in that config.yml. I double checked the config.yml in my prefix as well. There are no overwrites.

This is from `gr-recipes/libosmo-dsp.lwr`:
```
configure: autoreconf -i -I /usr/share/aclocal && ./configure --prefix=$prefix $config_opt
```
I'd really like to learn about `$config_opt`. What value(s) are in there?
I removed libosmo-dsp (also from the inventory.yml).

This is the output of `pybombs -v install libosmo-dsp`:
```
[DEBUG] Requirements met.
[DEBUG] Using build directory: /home/johannes/prefix/gnuradio/src/libosmo-dsp
[DEBUG] Configuring recipe libosmo-dsp
[DEBUG] Using vars - ordereddict([('config_opt', ''), ('builddir', '/home/johannes/prefix/gnuradio/src/libosmo-dsp')])
[DEBUG] In cwd - /home/johannes/prefix/gnuradio/src/libosmo-dsp
[DEBUG] Executing command `$ autoreconf -i -I /usr/share/aclocal && ./configure --prefix=/home/johannes/prefix/gnuradio'
Configuring: (100%)
[DEBUG] Thread signaled termination or returned
[DEBUG] Return value: 0
[DEBUG] Configure successful.
[DEBUG] Setting state to `configured'
[DEBUG] Saving inventory to file /home/johannes/prefix/gnuradio/.pybombs/inventory.yml...
[DEBUG] Building recipe libosmo-dsp
[DEBUG] In cwd - /home/johannes/prefix/gnuradio/src/libosmo-dsp
[DEBUG] Executing command `$ make -j64'
Building:    [
```
This is where it hangs.

I just tried to run it on a host with a full LaTeX installation. There it goes through without any issue.

My guess would be that I'd have to do a full LaTeX install. That's something I'd like to avoid.

I'd like to skip the whole Doxygen part and hope the issue goes away. A more narrow solution would be nice as well though.

Cheers
Johannes