Re: GSoC'21 - View Only Mode

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: GSoC'21 - View Only Mode
Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 12:38:02 +0200

Hey Oscar,

it's great to have you around!
GRC is really at the heart of GNU Radio's user experience. We've been hoping
very much
someone would take on this project: Being able to safely share flow graphs
would open the
door to much greater community cooperation.

While GSoC pays you to do your work (some of us here actually have been in that
situation
- it's great!), don't assume you have to do it alone. Certainly, your mentor
(and backup
mentors) will be there for any questions you have, but if there's anything you
feel like
is a great question to ask the community, please don't hesitate: you being in
this special
position doesn't mean you'd be getting the same support from the community than
everyone
else does. Please never hesitate to drop an email to discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org,
or to ask
and discuss on our Matrix server; especially #grc-dev:gnuradio.org [1] will
probably be a
great place to hang out.

Thanks for being a part of all this,
have a lot of fun, i.e.